The hall was built in 1926 by Hitch & Co, on land leased from the Buxton family at a peppercorn rent, with subscriptions from people in the village. The Hall continues to be leased from the buxtons to this day.
It was officially opened on 24th September 1926. The hall was run by a management committee made up of members from the organisations using the hall. The Trustees were the Church Wardens. In the early days there was a small library charging a penny per volume for 14 days. The hall was used by The British Legion, The Women’s Institute, a men’s club and the Cubs. Whist Drives and dances were held.
In 1939 the hall was used as a schoolroom for children evacuated from London.
In 1987 an extension, which included improved toilets and a disabled toilet, was constructed.
Nowadays the hall is used for: Wareside Entertainers who perform plays, pantomimes and variety shows; Taekwondo; Pilates; Keep Fit; Parish Council meetings; elections; weddings and birthday parties for a range of ages (although the hall is not suitable for teenage parties).
The committee members are Kay Kerr, Judith King, Douglas Cook, Richard Northcote and Ann Bartlett; who meet once a month. New members would be most welcome.